Tuesday, December 20, 2005

New York, Oh New York

Well, if you guys haven't heard yet - yes, the MTA decided to strike. Luckily I can just walk to campus to take my finals, but I must say there was a lot of unnecessary traffic on the sidewalk. More taxis on the roads as well as bicycles (first time I ever saw the bike lane in use). Between this strike and the NYU grad student strike, this semester was all politics, incovenience and just noise! But I guess that's what New York is all about I guess.

On a lighter note, at 11 a.m. I officially finished my semester. I'm not going to lie; this semester was definitely a killer. With classes, SPIN and chair this Filipino organization, I thought I would lose it, but now I can go home to Jersey and relax for a few weeks.

SPIN was a lot of fun - definitely a lot more laid back than the Times-News. I'll definitely miss it. Next semester, I'll be interning at the Staten Island Advance. Ok, so the commute will suck, but I'll get to write more and of course the pay isn't too bad either. Hopefully I'll get some good clips out of there.

I'm still waiting on word about summer internships, but I'm thinking I may just go abroad this summer instead. For some reason, I'm craving a change of scenery, but we'll see about that.

Hope you all are doing well, and have a great holiday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Vandy said...

Look at Adeel big pimpin...go head playa!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Hey, Torrye and I have dibs on Adeel, everybody else has to stand in line...

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google Groups Subscribe to Dow Jones Newspaper Fund - Business Reporting
Email:
Browse Archives at groups.google.com